Tuesday, December 24, 2013

New Year's Resolution

          Well, I know it's early, but I have already decided on what my New Year's Resolution is, to not be scary.  As a child, I was always the one scared easily.  People bullied me for it; people scared me to bully me.  I wanted to revenge that pain.  Now, I realize the harm that it truly is.  Not only did I overcome my fears I had as a child, but I became the fear of other people.  It is now I recognize that others fear me.  I always thought of myself as a freak but not a monster.  I am though... I've scared away too many friends.  I want to change things.  I don't want to lose anyone else I hold dear to my heart.  I don't want to hurt anyone else.  I don't want to be scared of myself anymore.  I will end the fear, and I will try to replace it with love and compassion.  It's funny, though.  I used to be the scared little kid.  Now, I am the fear.  But that will change.  I have friends to fight for.  It will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment